Chief Financial Officer Review 2019: The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) at Pacific Scientific EMC has the primary responsibility of managing the finances of the company. Management of financial risks, financial reporting and planning is the major role of a CFO along with an analysis of data.
Leading a team that comprises of FP&A, operational finance, accounting and pricing, this position demands abilities to provide the right direction to the team. Reporting of the CFO is to the president directly and is supposed to bring strategic recommendations to the CEO/president and members of the executive management team.
Chief Financial Officer Review 2019
Essential duties and responsibilities:
Strategy, Planning, and Management
Being an essential part of executive management, the CFO is required to communicate to the senior as well as junior members of the company.
- Build strategic ideas to enhance the workflow by forecasting budgets and overseeing the preparation of all financial reporting
- Suggest ideas in terms of long-term business and financial growth to the executive members such as CEO/President
- Bring in intelligent support and provide M&A leadership for clients
- Weekly/monthly/yearly review or procedures related to IT/HR/finance
- Monitor and drive everyday management of operational KPI’s and finance
- Accounting, General Ledger, Administration and Operations
Ensure that compliance, procedures and internal controls are followed on a daily basis. Follow and analyze reporting data including weekly, monthly and annual financial statements, month/year-end closing activities, general ledger, and balance sheet accounts, etc. so that reports are prepared on time and are accurate.
- Manage procedures related to accounting and financial control
- Meet compliance parameters in terms of Government Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS)
- Prepare and present pricing packages to DCAA
- Analyze and approve the annual incurred cost
- Oversee the budget process, collect the inputs, and compare the company’s actual performance with the estimated budget
- Review and approve relevant contracts in regards to IT assets, raw materials and other services
- Remain updated on practices related to audit, and local, state, federal laws
Financial and Cash Management, Relations and Policies
Monitor and analyze weekly/monthly/yearly financial results as well as present ideas and suggestions to manage the cash flow planning. Review investments and management of asset as well as ensure the availability of funds. Acquire new investment possibilities as well as analyze the risk and profit factors.
Establish and approve programs that drive the capital required
Work towards financial arrangements such as negotiating and procurement of debt and equity capital
Review and analyze sources and uses of cash as well as monitor the integrity of securities, funds and other important document related to cash flow
Maintain a professional relationship with senior executives of the company along with partners, stakeholders, and clients
Maintain a proper record of the current borrowings of the company by keeping good relations with commercial banks and other leading companies
- Drive employee growth in order to get better results
- Prepare engagement activities to get continuous improvement
- Communicate with teams and monitor the performance results
- Monitor product line management closely in order to sustain and drive growth
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Knowledge of Government FAR and CAS
- Knowledge of cost control, budgeting, and GAAP
- Strong knowledge of revenue recognition principles (ASC606)
- Experience in Government contracts
- Program Management principles
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in a manufacturing/operations company
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Communicate effectively in both written and verbal form.
- Up to 30% travel required
Desired qualifications Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred. MBA preferred Outstanding knowledge and understanding of GAAP, IFRS, SOX compliance and SEC reporting. Excel and “Hands On” accounting system proficiency required, ERP systems proficiency desired. Able to learn legacy systems. Background coordinating with I.T. to manage and/or upgrade the accounting system. Systems implementation experience strongly preferred. Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills. (Chief Financial Officer Review 2019)